Friday 25 March 2011

Twitter

When i first discovered the world of Twitter i thought it was rubbish and i couldn't make sense if it. Now though i regret my quick judgement and have come to rely on it and have made some really great friends both local to me and from other countries which is lovely.

Businesses seem to use it as a marketing tool (no surprise there) and it seems pretty successful, they are interacting with both customers and potential customers and some even give away free stuff. Yes it does happen. Friday seems to be a popular day and the free stuff is mainly on the whole decent free stuff. For example Tetley gives away a years supply of tea. Hp today is giving away a printer, Ok magazine does regular giveaways and does a thing called Facebook friday. In these lean times when people are struggling it seems to be worth a shot entering if it's something you want and you don't think Retweeting will upset any/many of your followers.

I must admit that some people seem to enter everything and anything just to get some of this much wanted "free stuff"  Personally i have no need for a keyring, tea cosy or fridge magnet. (Just examples i may add of the smaller items available) Even being free, i have enough clutter without having an urgent need to spam my regular followers with constant RT's just on the off chance i might win a mug. Which knowing my luck would end up broken by the time it got to me anyway. On the other hand if someone is offering something i would love then i usually spare a tweet..if anything it's one less birthday/christmas present i would have to buy if i did end up lucky but sometimes it would be nice to get something just for me. That sounds quite selfish..honestly i'm not. It's just money seems to go as quick as it arrives and it's rare to be able to get myself a treat at the end of the month.

Anyway aside from the "free stuff" Twitter is useful for news updates. I follow the   for that and love the way they interact with us "normal" folk. who i managed to win a gift voucher from, they have amazing customer service and do some great products and i know for sure that i will be using them for some of my christmas pressies this year. Then there is I have loved Ryvita since an early age, along with most of my family and friends and you can put so many toppings on it (it goes with nearly everything!) that i had to enter when they did a recipe competition. I put my two favourite recipes. Curry on Regardless and Sweetness and Light (yes i named them) and just before christmas (literally!) i found out i won the main prize. We had the best christmas ever thanks to Ryvita and they were so quick at sorting the prize, anyway as you can guess i can't recommend them enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment