Friday 13 May 2011

All twittered out, Muffins and Song of the day.

With the problems blogger had been experiencing, i found myself on twitter. Which isn't actually that unusual for a Friday as i like to do shout outs for friends and companies that i like but today i was a bit obsessed with reading some of the sob stories for prizes that are given out, i mean come on. Most of us have a really crappy life at some point but to bleat on about how bad everything is for you for a prize that's of minimal value seems a bit like selling your soul to the devil. Some people are quite obvious liars too but i won't go in to that this evening and will save that for when i have more time on my hands. What i want to know is do companies really fall for these sob stories? Ok, maybe not all of them are lies. Maybe life is bad for some of them and i'm very sorry for those who are going through a bad phase but something just doesn't feel right when i see tweets of a begging type nature.



I was also observing the people that advertise via twitter for companies, some are really good at it, others not so much.
I have had a fair few DMs this week mainly from companies who just want me to RT (retweet) their messages. Yeah as if. If i like you i will ##FF (follow friday) you or interact with you and hopefully my followers will notice you and eventually do the same. I will even RT if i think my followers would be interested in something that's mentioned but if you follow me and then in turn i follow you and then straight away you hound me in DM for RT's without even the courtesy of a "hello"..well you can forget it. Yes..you know who you are!


On the whole though i am lucky, i do have a lovely load of followers who are really nice, even the companies i speak to have someone in control of the twitter account who seem to see how important the customer / potential customer actually is. I even managed to sort out a royal mail problem via twitter. It was all handled very quickly and to my satisfaction.


Moving to something i was discussing yesterday. I didn't get to make the Banana and Cherry muffins *sad face*

I will share the recipe with you all though and i will get round to making them very soon.

Banana and Cherry Muffins

Makes - 6 Prep time - 10 minutes Cooks - 20 minutes

150G self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
50g light muscovado sugar
1 ripe banana
150g Morrisons eat smart fat free yogurt
2 tablespoons of vegetable yogurt
1 egg white
70g cherries (stoned and chopped)

1. Heat the oven to 180C/ Gas mark 4 and line a 6- hole muffin tin with muffin cases
2. tip the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl. Hold back 1 tablespoon of the sugar, then mix the remainder with the flour. Make a well in the centre.
3. in a seperate bowl, mash the banana until nearly smooth. Stir in the yogurt, oil and egg white until the mixture is evenly combined.
4. Pour the liquid mixture into the well and stir quickly and sparingly with a wooden spoon. The mix will look lumpy and may have the odd speck of flour still visable, but don't be tempted to over-mix. Tip in the cherries and give it one more stir.
5. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases- they will be quite full- then sprinkle the tops with the rest of the sugar. Bake for 18-20 minutes until risen and a dark gold colour. Cool for 5 minutes in the tray before lifting onto a rack to cool completely.

This evening my song of the day is Joe Cocker - You are so beautiful. Dedicated to my followers, friends and family xox

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe companies have the barefaced bloody cheek to demand you RT shit for them. That'd result in a hasty unfollow from me. I can't believe people sully themselves by telling sob stories either, for people to see all over Twitter. Dear God!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's annoying, i wouldn't mind so much if i had been following them for a certain amount of time and they actually talked to me but these are just companies wanting a free advert. I find twitter a good method of communicating but it can also be quite frustrating. As for the people who give bleeding heart sob stories to win something, i find it rather odd myself and something i could never do.

    ReplyDelete